Random Thoughts #4
I've searched in dictionaries for years — big dictionaries with small print — but I've yet to find a definition for "pompatus."
The classic vision of Frankenstein's monster has big bolts sticking out of its neck. I guess those are there to hold its head on. That's just proof that the good doctor was a hack and didn't know what he was doing. Those bolts are either way too long or aren't tightened down all the way. And any true craftsman would have used Torx screws and countersunk the heads.
If Sam Smith ever gets happy, his music career is basically over.
Just how would
Random Thoughts #3
It's not enough to care about people or to understand them. They have to feel understood and cared for. If they don't, you're not doing it right.
"A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who doesn't play has lost forever the child who lived in him and who he will miss terribly." -- Pablo Neruda
Apparently, being sappy has made me a sap. But that's a tale for a different time.
You know that guy who always parks at the far end of the parking lot for no reason? That's me. I've been doing it for nearly
Random Thoughts #2
- I suppose it's a good thing that I keep looking for another hole in my belt that isn't there.
- In a related thought, I suppose it's time to buy a new belt.
- It's true what they say, there's no such thing as a snooze button on a cat that wants breakfast.
- With losing weight comes the need to buy some new clothes. I've recently purchased a couple pairs of button fly jeans which is what I wore in college. So far, this is as close as I've come to a mid-life crisis.
- Well, except for one misguided can of mousse about seven years back.
Random Thoughts #1
Just a collection of things that don't merit a full post all to themselves. This could easily become a regular feature where the mindless fluff and short bits of amazingly profound wisdom congregate and then present themselves to a weary world in need of their refreshment.
I'm subscribed to way too many podcasts.
The thing I miss the most from my old life are the simple pleasures. I'm a big fan of the really nice moments that happen all the time but sometimes get overlooked in the search for the big events. I want to sit together with someone with a